Tea Corner - Where you can talk to all

• it rained yesterday here...all day long...now it's 10°C colder, that's such a pleasure!

oh...well, you do have half an hour left, franzi xD what's the endoscopy for? hope it's nothing bad?!

loved your story about the elk...when my family and me were on our way into ski holidays in switzerland, we drove along a steep mountain road and suddenly (it was night as well) a deer crossed the street from left to right and climed nearly vertically into the woods which lined the street. we all were like "oh...have you seen that? oh my god!"

• Good grief!
    All the forums I frequent are talking English. I came here to find friends who speak German. And now I'm speaking English with you guys, too.

Well. This could be fun, anyway.

And talking about English speaking places we've been to, I spent some time in Cambrige, with frequent visits to London, three weeks of vacation all over Scotland, and several journeys to the USA (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Charleston, Palm Springs and Honolulu)

C U

• Hi Tom,
    nice to meet you here. If you are used to talk and write in english, you could be our supervisior :D

I'm afraid my English is a little bit rusty, because my last real english lesson is about 20 years ago. I only train my English by reading englisch books and (unfortunatly unfrequent) by staying in Ireland and talking to the lovely irish people.

My beloved english talking area is Ireland :love: , i've been there about six or seven times, but if you are used in british english, the "irish english" sounds odd at the first time. For example they often pronounce the "th" as an "t" - it sounds very funny....
    I've been also in Great Britain (London) and the United States (Washington, Baltimore, New York and nearly the whole east coast down to Key West)
    My six year old daughter take english lessons since january, so i hope i'll get a dialogue partner soon... :-))

I guess my grammar is horrible ;(

Der Garten ist der letzte Luxus unserer Tage, denn er erfordert das,
    was in unserer Gesellschaft am kostbarsten geworden ist:
    Zeit, Zuwendung und Raum.

Dieter Kienast

• i've been there about six or seven times, but if you are used in british english, the "irish english" sounds odd at the first time. For example they often pronounce the "th" as an "t" - it sounds very funny....

I love the irish english. There was the "Comenius Projekt" at our school and pupil from Ireland, France, Austria and another country I don't remember now came to our school for a week. I was there every minute 'cause I was the main person for our pupil magazine (xD) and so, we went out with the irish girls (from a catholic girls school!) to our chinese. They were very funny 'cause they don't do all the things in Ireland that we are doing here. They also tried bere :D Oh, that was funny. They never drunk alcohol before :lachen:

And the irish teachers... Oh! I love them! They talked to me at the meal about Ireland and study journalism in Ireland. And they were so enthusiastic of our city and the nature. Favourite sentence was: "Oh, the weather is so lovely today, isn't it?"

_ _ _ _

I'm back from my coloscopy. And I'm totally down. I got an injection and I was totally gone :D But I've got still pain =( And they didn't found something :(

• Zitat

Why are you so excited about Ireland? What is that special?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :*

there is definitely something special. Very special, extremely special.At least for some of us. I´m looking forward to going to Dublin in Novembre. If you want to know more about that special attractiveness of Dublin, you should go to the Alan Rickman thread here.

• YEAH!
    I've got the tickets and the fligths and I will be in Dublin in November and I'll see Alan Rickman on stage.
    BLIMEY!!!

Still unbelievable....

• I'm going to London this month :D I'm soooo excitd about it. gonna live with a family in the suburbs & they are hopefully accompany me to London
    but before this trip I stay a week at the welsh coast for an adventure vacation, so I certainly will know some people when I finally go to London and maybe they can come along, too. I think its gonna be fuuuun =)

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    And we must take the current when it serves
    Or lose our ventures.

• Today we have visitors from our big mama company in New York. Last week they had 45 degrees (Celsius, not Fahrenheit) together with tropic humidity.
    They enjoy their trip to Europe because they can cool down a bit before returning into the melting pot :rofl:

But: Yes, it's hot. Worse is that it isn't a dry heat :(

Have a nice day everybody nevertheless :gruscheln:

Wenn du ein Schiff bauen willst, so trommele nicht Männer zusammen um Holz zu beschaffen, Werkzeuge vorzubereiten und Aufgaben zu vergeben, sondern lehre die Männer die Sehnsucht nach dem endlosen, weiten Meer.
    (Antoine de Saint-Exùpery)

• Actually, I'm used to normal, dry heat. When you spend all of your summer holidays in Turkey since you're 3 it's no big deal, but it's the humidity I can't stand. It literally kills me. It's like I've fallen in a pool of something sticky and can't get rid of it, no matter what I do.

But I like the warmth, it's great to lay in the garden, sunbathing with a good book and a cool drink :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!